Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Polar Bear Midnight

 This card is a mix of a few of challenges.  


The first challenge that started this card is the Inspired By Challenge IB191C.  They had two themes and it was the adorable little bear wearing red shoes that caught my eye.  Unfortunately I didn't double check the site before coloring my bear and made his scarf red instead of his shoes.  I went with red and green instead of the blue for more traditional coloring.  


The next challenge is for Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies .  The theme is actually "Anything Goes" so with the use of the two dies, I think I didn't mess this one up.  :)




The last challenge is for the CAS and Christmas challenge over at SplitCoast Stampers:  CAS660 which is called Midnight and their annual Christmas Card Challenge which was a sketch, that has been turned to landscape from portrait.  

I don’t often like my own cards.  I usually find something that's just not right or feels off balance, but I really do like this little guy. 

Elements of the card:  
The stamp is a very old, and retired, Stampin’ Up set called Polar Bears.  He was colored with SU markers then fussy cut.  The glitter card stocks are from Memory Box and were cut using MamaElephant and Poppy dies.  The sentiment is also SU, but no clue what set it came from.  Card base is Neenah 110 lb.  

 

Thank you for stopping by.

Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. I see the inspiration with this CUTE bear, with his fun scarf and his fun ice skates. I love that you used the Christmas green and reds too, so festive and fun and inspiring! Thank you for sharing this fun card with us this week @IB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like his green skates! He's a cutie, Carolyn. Thanks for sharing him with us at IB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bear with the very big feet is the cutest! He is brightly decked out and your card is so fun! So glad you could play along at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete