Friday, October 29, 2021

Grateful for Good Friends

This card is for The Paper Players Challenge #654, which is a sketch challenge this week.

The hostess, LeAnne, posted that this sketch was a great design to use up "some of those DPS scraps"; or in my case a concerning hoard. Since that has been a bit of a goal of mine, I hit the 6x6 paper bin and went for some pretty colors that will please a very good friend of mine.  

My only dislike of this card is the wax seal, I didn't have any lavender or purple and could only match the blues.  Since I was trying to draw out the beautiful lavender on this card, I should have just skipped the wax seal.  




The supplies are as follows:
Sentiment by SU! Peaceful Moments
Glitter Paper, Stitched Frame and Flower dies from Memory Box
Sequins: LoveLadies Mix by Catherine Pooler
Wax Seal, and white embossing powder by Altenew
The wax itself is from Amazon
The DSP is old and was not labeled
The dark blue card stock is Bazzil

Thank you for stopping by,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. These colors are beautiful and I am glad you were able to use up some of your hoarded papers! The wax seal is kinda cool, I think it adds an interesting element to your pretty card! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both trying to use up some DSP scraps! I never seem to make any headway lol! I love these colors and think the purples pop and the wax seal is a very cool detail to use for that sketch element. I think your friend will love it! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete